In a fast changing technological world employees can hardly keep up the pace. CGS not only brings a technological solution but also helps with employee training also, says Vladimir Sterescu, country manager CGS Romania. CGS is the bronze sponsor of Partnering CE Expo.
– What are the challenges the call and contact center market is facing in the present?
– The all time challenge regards the employees: they have to continuously keep up with the new technology and trends in the industry, with the fast pace at which the clients launch new products or services, with higher standards. We have to help them with that by optimizing the training programs, offering different self-development opportunities, recreational conditions etc. It’s a fast world and our employees have to go faster than it.
– Your company is present in many countries, but not in Hungary. What are your plans for our country and for Central Europe in general?
– We consider that Central Europe is a market of interest and we are continuously evaluating our opportunities; although on short term we do not foresee opening an office in this area, on medium and long term we balance all the favorable conditions when deciding our expansion plans. In the last year, CGS expansion was focused on the South American market, and we added more than 2,000 new employees; depending on the market conditions, we will make our choices in the near future.
– Please, tell us a few words about your latest awards!
– Recently, our position as the largest and most professional BPO outsourcer in Romania was reinforced by being recognized at 2013 Top Ranking Performers in the Contact Center World for superior thinking, creativity and execution across the full spectrum of call center functions. CGS Romania is recognized amongst the industry’s finest customer support professionals in EMEA for Best Large Outsourced Customer Service, Best Helpdesk, Best Large Outsourced Contact Center, Best Partnership and Best Call Center Manager. CGS Romania was also recognized with the Award for International Contact Center of the year, for the most innovative call center solutions within the 14th Annual Call Center Week organized in June 2013 by IQPC.
– What is CGS’s main product?
– CGS Contact Center Solutions helps the world’s most recognized brands reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction by providing multi-channel, inbound and outbound services; including Customer Acquisition, Customer Care, Customer Retention & Recovery, Consumer Help Desk, Enterprise IT Support, BPO, and Channel Development. With great experience in IT, Telecom and Banking and global capability, we are delivering services in 18 languages to Fortune 1000 companies. With multiple locations in Romania, we guarantee to our clients geographical redundancy and continuity plan and we are reinforcing our position as the largest BPO outsourcer in Romania.
– What is your main purpose for participating in the Partnering CE Expo?
– The Partnering CE Expo is one of the most important events in the region regarding our industry and, as being a major player in the field, CGS cannot miss it.
Vladimir Sterescu has been Founder and General Manager of EasyCall, established back in 2003. Sterescu was the man with the business idea and contact center knowledge, managing to raise the business from 4 employees up to almost 3000 employees, in just 10 years.
Due to Easycall business potential, in 2006, Computer Generated Solutions, a leading global outsourcing company, headquartered in New York, took over the business, Vladimir Sterescu keeping his General Manager position and further leading the company. Since the acquisition, Vladimir Sterescu was responsible for leading the European business of CGS as Country Manager and SVP for Customer Support Solutions maintaining the leadership position among the BPO vendors from Romania and Central and Eastern Europe.
Today, with around 3000 professionals in Romania, Vladimir Sterescu is continuing his commitment to CGS by delivering award-winning solutions for EMEA region, North America and Australia.
Vladimir Sterescu graduated from Academy of Economic Sciences with a degree in Economics specialized in banking and stock exchange.